Monday, December 1, 2008

Broken

With my head
Smashed against the concrete
My heart pinned to a tree
My soul trapped in a jar
And my tears set free

I'm so messed up
Ripped apart
Broken
And afraid

Emptiness encloses me
I can't be saved
No medicine
No remedy
Will bring me back

The pain starts to fade
And numbness grows strong
As all sensation disappears

I can't feel the ground beneath me
Or hear the vulture above me
I can't see the tree that holds my heart
Or smell the blood that stains this world

All feeling is gone
My tears have all dried up
My soul has died
My heart was torn in two
And my head was crushed

There is nothing left of me
But the memories
The pain and sorrows
The rain and hurricanes

Those will never go away
Through death and destruction
The memories will stay

No comments: