Monday, December 1, 2008

If I Were to Die

Your voice plays over in my head
As my life begins to fade
And Everything I have
Is taken away

Im hanging on desperatly
To my life
So far from the ground
But my hands slip
And I fall a long way down

Lifeless
Laying there
I look in to the sky

Blackness surrounds me
Im gone forever
And I've left the world behind me

Will tomorrow be the same?
Will nothing have changed?
Will your life go on as it would have if I was still there?
Did I hold a place in your heart?
Did I make a difference to your life?

I look God in the eyes
And tears roll down my face
Father Almighty
Creator
Savior
You've brought me home to be with you

Will tomorrow be the same?
Will nothing have changed?
Will the world go on as it would have if I was still there?
Did I hold a place on the earth?
Did I make a difference to the world?

Tomorrow may not change
For you or the world
I may have never made a difference to you
I may have been invisible to the world
But I know up here
In heaven
My life has been redirected
And I've chosen a new road to follow

So tomorrow won't be the same
So much has changed
The world may go on as normal
Your life may continue as if I was never there
But now I hold a place in heaven
And I can garuntee
You will always be remembered
In my heart

No comments: